Headin' for the Hill
SAVE THE DATE!
We are thrilled to announce the return of the Headin' for the Hill Car Show on Monday, September 4, 2023! As in years past, this event will be held in the Galbraith Road Business District. More information will be coming soon!
VOLUNTEERS ARE NEEDED!
This event is a huge undertaking, and requires the support of many volunteers to be successful.
We are incredibly thankful for those who have worked hard for many years to make this event the special tradition that it has become in our city, and we look forward to welcoming new volunteers to the team.
If you are interested in helping in any of the below areas, please complete the online Volunteer Application on our Get Involved page, or contact Anneliese Clear, NCH Recreation Director at email@example.com.
- This volunteer will manage the activities of all other volunteers, and will serve as the primary point of contact with the City.
- Don't worry! There are plenty of folks who have helped with this event for several years, who are happy to share advice and guidance!
- All event-day "venue related" logistics will be taken care of by the City, so there will be no need for this volunteer to worry about arranging traffic control, road closure signage, event security, A/V equipment, port-o-lets, waste containers, recycle bins or food court tables & chairs.
Other Volunteer Needs:
- Contact & visit door prize & raffle sponsors
- Identify and secure event promo sponsors, create and distribute flyers, ensure event is listed in social media groups, etc.
- Organize DJ/music, other entertainment
- Secure food & beverage vendors, including obtaining any necessary permits
- Organize Swap Meet vendors/booths
- Organize event registration, including securing volunteers for the registration area, and determining fees for early bird & day-of registration
- Determine awards and obtain prizes, identify and confirm category judges