City Clean Up & Community Take Action Days
ABOUT CITY CLEAN UP & COMMUNITY TAKE ACTION DAYS
CITY CLEAN UP DAYS take place twice a year in the spring & fall, and primarily include picking up litter in and around the city. Clean Up Days are sometimes combined with large item or hazardous waste drop off events.
COMMUNITY TAKE ACTION DAYS occur as needed, and offer even more opportunities to get involved, such as honeysuckle abatement, spreading mulch in city parks, hazardous household waste collection, etc.
- CLEAN UP DAY - Saturday, September 16 (NEW DATE!)
- Event Time: 9am to 12pm (check in by 11am)
- Check-In Location: 1500 W Galbraith Road, 45231
- This event will include litter pickup and sprucing up our city parks.
- HAZARDOUS HOUSEHOLD WASTE DROP-OFF - To be announced!
- A list of acceptable materials will be provided.
Learn more about how to participate by clicking the tabs below.
CITY-LED VOLUNTEER PROJECTS
Volunteers should plan to check in between 9am and 11am at the City Administration offices located at 1500 W Galbraith Rd to choose a project, and pick up a ticket good for a free slice of pizza at Krimmer's Italianette restaurant.
- Litter Pick Up
- Spreading Playground Mulch
- Painting Playground Structures
- Honeysuckle Abatement
- Planting Annuals in City Park Gardens & Greenspaces
- Litter Pick Up
- Trail / Community Path Rehab
- Winterizing Perennials & Shrubs in City Parks
- Planting Bulbs in City Parks & Greenspaces
- Clearing leaves/tree fall from Trails/Community Paths
New for 2023! Your classroom, place of business, church group, or family can "Adopt-A-Park". Adopt-A-Park groups will be recognized on Facebook & our website, and on a sign posted at the park.
- Dumele Park (corner of Goodman & Simpson)
- Pies Park (end of Kleindale)
- Schaeper Park (on Bising, behind NCH Elementary School)
- Stapleton Park (corner of Collegewood & Northridge)
- Veterans Park (corner of Betts & Sterling)
- Wise Park (Goodman, near Hamilton)
Groups can sign up for six months (April-October) or for a full year. Projects will vary by park, and may include:
- Litter Pickup
- Weeding & Watering Plants
- Reporting Maintenance Concerns
- Suggesting Improvements
Neighbors helping neighbors is part of what makes NCH a wonderful place to live. Here are some ideas we thought of for ways to Give Back. You may have an even better idea of your own!
- Help an elderly or disabled neighbor with yard work, running errands, or washing their car.
- Organize a clothing/food/toiletries drive.
- Host a fundraiser for a worthy cause.
- Sign up to volunteer for a charity.
- Your idea here: _________________.